Asian Style Green Beans
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add green beans, garlic and water. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the water evaporates and the beans are crisp tender.
- In a small bowl, combine ginger, sugar, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Once the green beans are crisp tender, add sauce mixture and cook for one more minute.
- If needed, add additional soy sauce to taste.