Brazilian Cheese Bread
- 1 ½ cups tapioca flour
- 1 egg (preferably at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup queso fresco cheese (fresh Mexican cheese)
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup low-fat or skim milk
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. (I throw all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use an emersion blender – one of my favorite kitchen tools.)
- Pour the mixture into the prepared mini muffin pan, filling each opening to the top. (If you don’t own a mini muffin pan, use a regular size muffin pan, but only fill each opening half way.)
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and puffy. Serve immediately. (These are best when eaten warm!)
- Note: The batter will last in the refrigerator for about a week. Since these really are best fresh out of the oven, only bake as many as you plan on eating right away.
- Recipe Type : Gluten Free