- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot (or 1 small yellow onion), chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ½ lb very thinly sliced ham
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- For the topping:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for about 5 minutes. Add chopped spinach and salt. Cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry. Line a pie dish with the puff pastry, then top with half the ham. Break the eggs and place evenly on the ham, piercing each yolk with a fork once or twice, but not scrambling them.
- Distribute the shallot/spinach mixture evenly over the eggs, then top with parmesan cheese and the rest of the ham.
- On a floured surface, roll the second puff pastry sheet and top the pie dish with it, pinching the edges of the bottom and top sheet together, then cutting off and discarding any extra dough.
- To make the topping, mix the egg and milk together and brush over the pie. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake the pie for approximately 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Servings : 6
- Recipe Type : Rise and Shine