- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups grated cheddar cheese (mild or sharp is fine)
- Mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon until completely incorporated (or you can throw everything in a food processor and process until fully incorporated).
- Using your hands, bring the mixture together into a ball of dough (the mixture might be flaky and falling apart, but just keep working it into a dough). Shape the dough into a flat disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a thin layer. Cut into small squares and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden.