Cheesy Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 5 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup shredded jack, cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add cheese and milk, and mix just until combined.
- Scoop mounds of dough (about ¼ cup for each biscuit) onto the prepared sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Serve warm.