Chocolate Oatmeal Bars
- Cooking spray
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) butter
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over low heat, melt the butter. Add sugar and mix until the sugar is well incorporated. Add vanilla, oats, and milk. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- Press half of the mixture in the prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan or in the microwave, melt together the chocolate chips and peanut butter, stirring frequently until smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the oat layer and spread with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the rest of the oat mixture on top, lightly pressing into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours. Cut into bars.