Chocolate Protein Cookies
- 24 cookies
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup ground flaxseed meal
- ½ cup chocolate whey or soy protein powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper (or spray with non-stick spray).
- Combine eggs, sugar, applesauce, peanut butter and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Add oats, flaxseed meal, protein powder, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix, then fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto prepared cookie sheets (do not flatten). Bake for approximately 6 minutes (the cookies should look a little underdone; if over-baked they will get tough once they cool).
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature. Do NOT refrigerate.