Gluten-Free Chocolate Almond Blondies
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour (also known as almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oil, almond butter, egg, vanilla and sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. Add flour mixture to egg mixture. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool, then cut into squares.