Jo’s Tomato Salad
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 6 large tomatoes, cubed into eights
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- Fresh basil, chopped
- In a small plastic container with a lid (or a mason jar), combine salt and garlic. Mash with a spoon or fork.
- Stir in sugar, pepper, mustard, oil, and vinegar. Close the container tightly with the lid, and shake until all the ingredients are incorporated and the dressing is creamy.
- Toss the dressing with tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle with basil.