Kale, Sweet Potato and White Bean Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large shallots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounces) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- A few pinches cayenne pepper
- 1 head kale, stems removed, leaves chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for about a minute.
- Add sweet potato, garlic and paprika. Sauté, stirring consistently for a few minutes.
- Add broth, cannellini beans and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
- Add kale leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for another 15 minutes.
- Taste the soup and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.