Mocha Bread Pudding
- 10 ounces (about 8 cups) French or Italian white bread
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅔ cup milk
- ⅔ cup half ‘n’ half
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Kahlua liqueur (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the bread into small (½-inch) cubes. Spread the cubes onto a large baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Pour coffee into a large mixing bowl (make sure the coffee is hot). Add the sugar and mix until the sugar has completely dissolved. Mix in milk and half ‘n’ half. Add eggs, and Kahlua (if using). Whisk together until well incorporated. Add the bread cubes (including all the crumbs), gently tossing to make sure they are evenly coated. Add the chocolate chips and gently toss again. Allow the mixture to soak for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for about 40 minutes or until the bread pudding is set. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Always serve warm.
- Recipe Type : Sugar High