Nutella Cheesecake Brownies
- Bottom layer:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Top layer:
- 8 oz low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Nutella
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- Approximately 16 whole hazelnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- For the bottom layer: In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, egg yolks and Nutella, and beat until well incorporated. Sift together cocoa powder, salt and flour, and add to the Nutella mixture. Mix until combined. Spread into the prepared pan.
- For the top layer: Using an electric mixer, blend cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and eggs, and continue mixing until well incorporated. Spoon the batter on top of the brownie layer, spreading it gently with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes. Do not over-bake. The center, when poked with a toothpick, should NOT be dry.
- Allow to completely cool before slicing into squares. Garnish each square with a whole hazelnut, or a few chopped hazelnuts.
- Recipe Type : Nutella