I love this recipe because it doesn’t use corn syrup, but still has that sticky texture of a typical Pecan Pie. If you don’t like Nutella or prefer a more traditional Pecan Pie, just leave out the Nutella, but add an extra Tablespoon of white sugar. Or if you want a Chocolate Pecan Pie, use melted chocolate instead of Nutella.
Nutella Pecan Pie
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer, until foamy.
- Add brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla and milk, and keep beating until combined. Add butter; beat until well incorporated. Add flour and salt, and beat for a few more minutes.
- Using a spatula, stir in 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans (reserve the rest for garnish).
- Spread Nutella on the bottom of the pie crust and up the sides. (To make it easier to spread, you can heat Nutella in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.)
- Pour the pecan mixture into the crust. Bake for 10 minutes on 350, then reduce the heat to 300, and bake for another 50 minutes or until filling no longer jiggles and the top barely begins to crack.
- Sprinkle with the remaining chopped pecans.
- Recipe Type : Nutella