Nutella Stuffed Tarts
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) cold butter, cubed
- ½ cup cold milk
- Nutella (approximately 1 cup, divided)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Powdered sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or two knives. Add the cold milk and ¼ cup Nutella, and mix until combined.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough as thin as possible. Using a sharp knife, cut the rolled out dough into squares (you will most likely have to do this in batches).
- Top the center of half of the squares with a heaping teaspoon of Nutella (don’t spread to the edges), and top with the remaining squares. Using a fork, firmly press the edges of the tarts, sealing them well. Prick the top of the tarts a few times with a fork, to allow venting.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg with 1 teaspoon milk.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the tarts with egg wash. Place tarts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, dust with powdered sugar.
- Recipe Type : Nutella