Pan-Fried Lentils with Crispy Prosciutto and a Sherry Glaze
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 green onions (scallions), thinly sliced
- 2 oz prosciutto, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Place lentils, water, and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 20 minutes, until tender but still holding their shape. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add green onions. Cook for about 30 seconds. Add prosciutto, breaking up with a wooden spoon into tiny bits. Cook until the prosciutto is crispy.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the remaining 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, and lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the lentils start to crisp up. Remove the lentils from the pan onto a serving platter or bowl.
- Immediately add sherry to the same hot pan. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced by half. Add honey and cook for about 1 more minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour the glaze over the lentils, and toss well, making sure the lentils are evenly coated with the glaze. Serve warm.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Side Kick