- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- In a medium sized bowl, combine milk with vinegar and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes for the milk to "sour.”
- Whisk eggs, vanilla and butter into the "soured" milk. Add sugar.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt (and cinnamon, if using). Pour the flour mixture into the eggs mixture, and whisk until lumps are gone, but do not over mix. Let the batter sit for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat the skillet with cooking spray (or butter). Pour batter (approximately ¼ cup per pancake) into the skillet. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Using a spatula, flip pancakes over and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve warm with warm maple syrup and fresh berries.