- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 ripe plums, pitted and cut into eights
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch spring form pan (with either butter of a non-flavored cooking spray).
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together butter and ¾ cup sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well incorporated. Add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Arrange the plums (skin side down) on top of the batter, in a single layer, covering the entire surface. Sprinkle the top with 1 Tablespoon white sugar.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool at room temperature. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Recipe Type : Sugar High