White Bean Prosciutto Salad with Basil Croutons
- For the croutons:
- Approximately 3 cups cubed Italian or French bread
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Remaining ingredients:
- Mixed greens or arugula
- 4 to 6 oz thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 can (15.5 oz) cannellini kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz parmesan cheese, shaved
- To make the croutons: Toast the bread cubes in a 400 degree oven for about 5 minutes. In a blender or a food processor, puree the basil, olive oil, garlic and salt. Pour the basil mixture over the toasted bread and toss, using your hands to make sure all the croutons are well coated. Set aside.
- In a small plastic container (with a lid), combine the dressing ingredients. Cover with the lid and holding tight, shake the container until the ingredients are well combined.
- Toss the mixed greens and beans with the dressing (you won’t need all the dressing, so add a little at a time, and refrigerate the rest). Distribute tossed greens among 4 plates, and top with prosciutto, parmesan, and basil croutons.
- Servings : 4
- Recipe Type : Food Before Food