- Olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa, cooled to room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Over medium heat, in a small pan, heat approximately 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Add onion and cook just for a few minutes. Allow to cool a bit.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked onions with the remaining ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat approximately 2 Tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Very carefully form the quinoa mixture into patties (it may seem to be falling apart, but it will hold together better once cooked) and pan fry in the skillet until golden brown on both sides (approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side). Serve warm.