- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups diced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: Feta cheese
- Rinse and thoroughly drain quinoa in cold water before cooking.
- Place quinoa, 4 cups water, and 1 teaspoon salt in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low (gentle simmer), cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed. Let quinoa cool completely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or preferably over night.
- If using, sprinkle with crumbled feta.