Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Cranberries
- 1 ½ lbs Brussels sprouts, trimmed & halved
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 ½ lbs butternut squash, cubed
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread the Brussels sprouts, onions and butternut squash on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and toss well. Arrange veggies in a single layer on the baking sheet (if needed, use two sheets, instead of one) and roast for 25 minutes.
- Gently stir the veggies and roast for another 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, but not over cooked. Set aside.
- Make the glaze: Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to boil over medium heat, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 min. Keep an eye on it and stir often.
- Toss the veggies with cranberries and the balsamic glaze. Serve warm or chilled.