Rolf’s Apple Tart
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- ¾ cup white sugar, plus extra for topping
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus extra for topping
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, ¾ cup sugar, and egg. Add flour, baking powder, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon; mix until combined.
- Press the dough into the bottom of a tart pan or a round baking dish.
- Arrange the apples, overlapping a bit, on top of the dough. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake tart for approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Recipe Type : Sugar High