Sea Salted Nutella Fudge
- Cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Nutella (at room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ to ½ teaspoons sea salt
- Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line the greased pan with parchment paper, but keep the paper long enough so that it extends, like handles, over the edges of the pan (for easy lifting later on).
- In a microwave safe, medium-sized bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir, then microwave for an additional minute. Stir quickly until smooth and the chocolate has melted. (Or, if not using a microwave, cook on the stove, in a double boiler, stirring constantly until the chocolate has melted.) Immediately stir in Nutella and vanilla. Stir quickly until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, spread top of the fudge until smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the fudge is chilled, run a knife around the sides of the pan. Using the overhanging parchment paper, lift the fudge out of the pan. Cut the fudge into small squares.
- Sprinkle fudge with sea salt. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Note: For a crunchier fudge, simply stir in ¼ cup chopped hazelnuts when adding Nutella and vanilla.