Peanut Butter Chicken
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon honey
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- For the garnish:
- 3 to 4 scallions (green onions), chopped
- ½ cup whole peanuts
- Mix together the first 7 ingredients (peanut butter through curry powder). Set aside
- Season tenders with salt. Heat olive oil in a large skillet (use a skillet that has a lid), over high heat. Quickly brown tenders on both sides (they don’t need to be cooked through, just quickly browned). Remove chicken onto a plate and cover with aluminum foil. Depending on the size of the skillet, you might have to brown the tenders in a few batches.
- Once all the tenders are browned, turn the heat down to low. Add the peanut butter mixture, then add cooked chicken back to the pan. Cover and cook on low for 20 minutes. Remove the lid, and cook uncovered an extra 10 to 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces a bit.
- Garnish with scallions and peanuts. Serve with basmati rice.