Walnut Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup ground (or extremely finely chopped) walnuts
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add egg and mix until well incorporated.
- Add walnuts and flour and mix until well combined.
- Shape the dough into small balls; roll each ball into a rod and slightly bend the corners to create a crescent shape.
- Place crescents on a baking sheet and bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely. Once cooled, dredge cookies in powdered sugar.
- Make the coating by melting chocolate chips (until smooth) either in a double boiler over low heat or for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave.
- Dip both ends of each cookie in the melted chocolate. Place on wax paper until the chocolate hardens.
- Recipe Type : Sugar High