White Bean Bruschetta
- 8 slices ciabatta bread
- Olive oil
- 3 oz (about 8 thin slices) pancetta, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons roughly chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drizzle the ciabatta slices with olive oil. Toast in the oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly crispy.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pancetta, and cook until crispy.
- Add olive oil and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
- Reduce the heat to low, and add beans, salt, and a little fresh black pepper. Cook for a few more minutes until the beans are heated through.
- Remove from heat, and mix in fresh basil.
- Top the toasts with the white bean mixture, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve warm.
- Recipe Type : Food Before Food