- 2 medium to large zucchinis (approximately 1 lb), grated
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Canola oil
- Toss grated zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt, and let sit for about 15 minutes (this will help draw out the moisture).
- Wrap the zucchini in a clean dishtowel or cheese cloth, and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Place the zucchini in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and stir in the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and the other remaining ingredients, except for oil. Mix until well combined.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd them (they should not be touching), and flatten them with a spatula. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden. Place on paper towels.
- Add another tablespoon of canola oil to the skillet, and continue with the rest of the zucchini mixture.
- If not serving immediately, place the fritters on a foil lined baking sheet and keep warm in a 200 degree oven.
- Note: Please, for the love of texture, do not reheat any leftovers in the microwave. Instead, reheat them in a 350-degree oven.