Coconut Almond Bon-Bons
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups non-fat powdered milk
- 2 ½ cups grated sweetened coconut, divided
- ½ to 1 teaspoon milk
- 35 to 40 whole almonds
- Over medium heat, in a small sauce pan, heat the sugar and the water until the mixture boils. Remove from heat and transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter, powdered milk, 1 ½ cups of coconut, and ½ teaspoon of milk to the sugar mixture. Mix well, until fully blended. (The mixture should be dense, but if it seems too dense to mix, add the extra ½ teaspoon milk.)
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Form the mixture into small balls, placing an almond in the center of each one. Roll the balls in the remaining grated coconut. Keep refrigerated.
- Recipe Type : Sugar High