My Favorite Steak Marinade
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine all the ingredients; whisk with a fork until the honey is completely dissolved and well incorporated.
- Place a 2 to 3 pound flank, flat iron or hanger steak in a glass dish or a gallon size resealable bag, pour marinade over it, cover or seal tightly, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the steak from marinade and grill to desired doneness. Let rest, then slice against the grain.
- Optional: Pour the remaining marinade into a small saucepan and cook on medium-high heat until it begins to boil. Reduce heat to low, and cook until the sauce slightly reduces. Pour sauce over the sliced steak.
- Helpful tips: NEVER marinate meat in a metal container. Metal can react chemically with the acids in the marinade. ALWAYS let steak rest for approximately 5 to 10 minutes before slicing. This will ensure a more moist, juicy steak.
- Recipe Type : The Main Event