- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (or 1 ¼ if you’re a chocolate addict) cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, both sugars and vanilla extract; beat until creamy. Mix in egg and coconut. Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until well incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them approximately 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.