I’ve been making these for years. Easy, delicious and much cheaper than at coffee shops! This recipe will make enough for 2 to 3 drinks. You can refrigerate the mixture for up to a week.
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons puréed pumpkin (no seasonings added)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (store bought or homemade – recipe below)
- Optional: whipped cream
Homemade pumpkin pie spice:
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a small cooking pot over medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. Cook, whisking to incorporate all the ingredients together, until the mixture is simmering.
- Pour into hot coffee. Taste and add more sugar if you prefer it sweeter.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- For the homemade pumpkin pie spice: Combine the spice ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.