This is a really easy, delicious recipe for crab cakes. If making these for an appetizer, cut the recipe in half and shape the crab mixture into smaller patties. The cilantro cream sauce also works great for fish tacos!
For the crab cakes:
- 2 scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, picked through and any bits of shells discarded
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil
For the cilantro cream sauce:
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped scallions (only the green parts)
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- For the crab cakes: In a large mixing bowl, combine scallions, mayonnaise, egg, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Mix until well combined. Add crabmeat and Panko breadcrumbs. Mix until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining all the cilantro cream sauce ingredients and mixing until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Scoop the crab mixture into approximately 1/3-cup mounds and shape into 8 patties, about 1½-inches thick.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Carefully add the crab cakes and cook for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the crab cakes to plates and top each with a dollop of cilantro cream sauce.