- 2 ½ lbs gold potatoes (about 6 medium sized), peeled and cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 to 6 ounces goat cheese
- Place potatoes in a saucepan. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, and just enough water to cover the potatoes. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to medium and cook for about 20 minutes, or until very tender.
- Drain. Add potatoes back into the pan.
- Place the butter and milk into a microwave safe dish and heat for 1 minute (or place in a small sauce pan over low heat, and cook until the butter is melted).
- Add the milk mixture, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and sour cream to the potatoes.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer.
- Add cheese. Mix well.
- Serve immediately.