- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced, peeled fresh ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons fish sauce
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- ½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut in half or thirds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 to 2 heads of Bibb or Butter lettuce
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 mango, cubed
- Mix the dressing ingredients and toss with cabbage and carrots. Cover and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, over low heat, cook the peanut sauce ingredients until the peanut butter is melted and the sauce is smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink (about 2 minutes on each side). Set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro to the cabbage mixture and toss.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves, then fill each one with the cabbage mixture, mango, avocado, and shrimp.
- Drizzle lightly with the peanut sauce. Place the remaining peanut sauce in a small bowl and serve on the side.