- 1 12-ounce package center-cut bacon
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 to 2 cups of mixed greens (though any lettuce will do)
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- Optional: 4 slices of cheese (I prefer Muenster or Swiss)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of ½ fresh lime
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine the seasoned mayo ingredients and set aside.
- Cook or bake the bacon until crisp. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Lightly toast the bread slices in a toaster or oven.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with the seasoned mayo.
- Assemble the sandwiches with bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and cheese (if using).
- Cut sandwiches in halves or thirds. Serve immediately.