- ¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter and 1 ½ cups sugar until completely creamed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- On a small plate, combine sugar and cinnamon for the coating. Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and then roll in the cinnamon/sugar mixture to coat thoroughly. Place the balls of dough about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 6-8 minutes. Do not over-bake.