For the dough:
- 2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup warm milk (about 110 degrees)
- 4 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
For the filling:
- Approximately 1 to 1 ½ cups Nutella
- For the frosting:
- ⅓ cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl combine yeast, 2 Tablespoons sugar, and warm milk. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the dough ingredients and mix, using a stand mixer with a hook attachment (if you don’t have a stand mixer, combine the dough with your hands). Knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray, place the dough inside, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest for about 2 hours, or until doubled in size.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out into a large rectangle (about 16×21 inch).
- Scoop Nutella into a microwave safe bowl, and heat in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Spread the Nutella over the dough. Roll the dough into a large log, and cut into 12 segments.
- Place the rolls inside the pan, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise for about 30 minutes (or overnight in the refrigerator).
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees, and make the frosting. Using an electric mixer, beat the frosting ingredients until well incorporated. Set aside.
- Bake the rolls for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Do not over-bake. Immediately spread the frosting on the rolls. Serve warm.