For the dough:
- ¼ cup warm water (approximately 100 to 110 degrees)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk, at room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
For the filling:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine warm water and honey in a small bowl, and sprinkle with yeast.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt. Add milk and olive oil. Add yeast mixture and work into dough. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, using floured hands.
- Place the dough in a large greased bowl. Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and then cover with a dish towel. Let sit for 2 hours until the dough doubles in size.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- Using your hands, pull the risen dough into a large rectangle. Spread the filling mixture over the dough. Roll the dough lengthwise into a log. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut log diagonally into 10 triangles, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake rolls for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. If using parmesan cheese, sprinkle it on top after 10 minutes of baking and then bake for 2 additional minutes. Serve warm.