- 1 lb pasta
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in well salted water until cooked al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium-low heat, cook milk, garlic and pumpkin puree. Whisk until the sauce is smooth. Add salt and nutmeg. Stir in cheddar and parmesan. Whisk until all the cheese is melted. (Add a little more milk, if the sauce seems too thick).
- Taste, and season with more salt, if needed.
- Pour sauce over drained pasta and stir until the sauce thoroughly coats the pasta.