- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups butter
- Melt the chocolate chips and butter together either in a microwave for 1 minute or in a double boiler. (If using the microwave, the chocolate chips don’t need to be melted after 1 minute, as long as the butter is melted.) Note: For extra thick frosting, add an additional 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Mix the chocolate/butter mixture until the hot butter melts the chocolate chips and the two ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Refrigerate the mixture until it’s completely set/firm.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the mixture for approximately 5 minutes or until the consistency looks like frosting.