- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoons canola oil
- 5 scallions, cut into 1 inch pieces
For the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- On medium-low heat, make the sauce by combining the ingredients (ginger through brown sugar) and stirring occasionally until the sugar dissolves. Bring the sauce to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the sliced steak and toss until the pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour canola oil in a large frying pan (or a wok) and heat over high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the steak, quickly sautéing it until browned on all sides.
- Add the sauce, mixing to make sure all the meat is coated with the sauce. Add scallions, and cook for one more minute. Serve with rice.