- 1 pizza dough (see my recipe in the Breads/Carbs section)
- 6 fresh or dried figs, quartered
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup fig jam or preserves
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Optional: 1/3 cup fresh arugula
- Optional: 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- If using dried figs, put the figs in a small bowl and pour boiling water on top until the figs are covered in hot water. Soak for 20 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside to air dry. (If using fresh figs, no soaking needed.)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Spread pizza dough on a baking stone, or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper into a large circle or rectangle.
- Brush dough with olive oil, then spread with fig jam, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Tear prosciutto into smaller pieces and place over jam. Scatter figs on top. Sprinkle with gorgonzola.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- If using, sprinkle with arugula and chives.