- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small chunks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 fresh, ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or butter.
- For the crust: In a mixing bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Add egg and milk, and mix until combined. Press HALF of the dough into the prepared pan. Refrigerate the pan and the rest of the dough while you work on the peach filling.
- For the Filling: In a mixing bowl combine flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add the peaches and mix until well coated.
- Spoon the peach mixture evenly over the crust. Sprinkle chunks of the remaining dough over the peach filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 35-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Cool, then cut into squares.