- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 links (approximately 12 ounces) sweet Italian turkey or pork sausage
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 fresh lemon
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat chicken broth in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender. Add garlic.
- Remove sausage from the casings and add to the skillet, breaking the sausage into small bits with a wooden spoon.
- After the sausage is completely cooked, add Arborio rice. Season with a little salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add approximately one cup of broth. Stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue to add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring and letting the rice absorb the broth before adding more.
- Stir in baby spinach and cook just until wilted. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the risotto. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.