Biscuits: See my recipe for Cheesy Drop Biscuits in the Breads/Carbs section, but omit cheese
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb sweet Italian pork or turkey sausage
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ – 4 cups low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Remove sausage from casings and add to the skillet. Cook, stirring and breaking the sausuage into small pieces.
- Once the sausage is cooked, add flour and mix really well, incorporating the flour into the sausage mixture. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, continuing to stir the entire time.
- Slowly start adding milk to the skillet, ¼ cup at a time, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, ¼ teaspoons salt and a dash of ground black pepper. Taste and season with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately over warm biscuits.